The Silent Auction will be held on April 24th at 6:00pm at Leonardos in Millbrae. Remember to bring friends and family, it is a fun event for everyone.
We are low on donations, and hope you or businesses you patronize can still donate, but the donation deadline is approaching – please make sure your donation is received before or on 4/15 (the Thursday after Spring Break). You can download and print our fundraising solicitation letter to help.
Entry ticket for the silent auction and raffle tickets ($1 per ticket) for class-made items go on sale starting 4/12. Advance tickets are $15 per person, at the door the price is $20. This includes appetizers, soda or water. Beer and Wine are available at an extra charge.
Babysitting is available at the Millbrae Nursery School and free to the first 5 families from each class who purchase tickets in advance. Otherwise $20 per child or 3 children for $50.
Saturday, Sunday, or Thursday before the auction is basket making: we package / organize the smaller donations into baskets. As soon as the date is finalized I will update the blog and also put it on the calendar. Childcare is available during the basket making. Even if you have not signed up to help, consider doing so, it is a fun event, and you get to look at all the great stuff we are auctioning off ahead of time. I also hope to get a list of the bigger auction items with photos on the blog at least a few days before the event.
Millbrae Nursery School has the best sibling policy of all preschools in San Mateo County, siblings can be brought to parent’s workdays with very few exception. Read the entire policy that is also found in the handbook here:
Siblings under two (2) years of age will be allowed at no charge when the following guidelines are met:
- The attendance of the child has been arranged with the teacher or Admissions Coordinator prior to the parent’s workday.
- Only one (1) child under the age of two(2) will be allowed per class session.
- For the safety of all children, the sibling must be supervised by his or her parent while the parent accomplishes their assigned workday duties.
- The State adult:child ratio must be maintained.
Siblings two (2) years or over will be allowed when the following guidelines are met:
- The attendance of the child has been arranged with the Director prior to his or her attendance.
- The child must be between the ages of two (2) and six (6).
- The child will be billed at the drop in extended care rate.
- The child’s care and safety will be the responsibility of Millbrae Nursery School.
If you are doing a workday for pay you will only be able to bring one (1) child who is currently enrolled in the school program with you on that workday. NO siblings less than 2 years or over 7 years will be allowed to accompany you on a paid workday.