submitted by Helen Chang
nonstick vegetable oil spray
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup raw sunflower seeds or sliced almonds or nuts of your choice
4 Tbsp. golden brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1 Tbsp. sugar
4 tsp. vanilla
Optional: 1 cup dried fruit
(can be easily doubled)
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 300 F.
- Lightly spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Mix the oats, seeds or nuts, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, honey, and sugar in small sauce pan and bring to simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir vanilla.
- Pour hot liquid over oat mixture. Stir well until well mixed.
- Spread granola on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. If using dried fruit, add in the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Transfer sheet to rack and cool completely.
For crunchier granola, hand pack firmly on the sheet and store in refrigerator overnight.
No Comments Yet