My name is Ashley Tan. I am your new representative for the San Mateo Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools, Inc (SMCPPNS). The San Mateo Council is the San Francisco Peninsula branch of the statewide California Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools. There are 13 schools in the San Mateo Council. The main purpose of the Council is to promote growth and interest in the parent participation movement by supporting its member schools.
It’s been a while since MNS had a representative to the Council, so the council members were excited to have us rejoining again. Did you know that $5 of your tuition goes to the Council each year? That’s how the Council is able to sponsor the following activities:
- Provide collaborated advertisements in local publications such as Bay Area Parent, Parenting on the Peninsula, and Family Navigator.
- Host network events for teachers and directors
- Host consultant services for all family members
- Be the liaison to the greater California Council of Parent Participation Nursery Schools community
The next event the Council hosts is on November 11th ,which is Network Night, an appreciation dinner where the effort and hard work of our teachers and directors are recognized. In order to cut down on the cost of this event, we are calling all schools to create the table centerpieces. So MNS, let’s put our creative minds together and create something unique and representative of our school!
Millbrae Nursery School has the best sibling policy of all preschools in San Mateo County, siblings can be brought to parent’s workdays with very few exception. Read the entire policy that is also found in the handbook here:
Siblings under two (2) years of age will be allowed at no charge when the following guidelines are met:
- The attendance of the child has been arranged with the teacher or Admissions Coordinator prior to the parent’s workday.
- Only one (1) child under the age of two(2) will be allowed per class session.
- For the safety of all children, the sibling must be supervised by his or her parent while the parent accomplishes their assigned workday duties.
- The State adult:child ratio must be maintained.
Siblings two (2) years or over will be allowed when the following guidelines are met:
- The attendance of the child has been arranged with the Director prior to his or her attendance.
- The child must be between the ages of two (2) and six (6).
- The child will be billed at the drop in extended care rate.
- The child’s care and safety will be the responsibility of Millbrae Nursery School.
If you are doing a workday for pay you will only be able to bring one (1) child who is currently enrolled in the school program with you on that workday. NO siblings less than 2 years or over 7 years will be allowed to accompany you on a paid workday.
Thanks to Lily for sponsoring this event at our preschool.
Thanks to I-Immersion Institute’s director, Alice Kuo, for putting together the presentation!
Lily also will try to find a corporate sponsor, so we can have a Chinese New Year’s Celebration at Millbrae Nursery Schools in years to come!
I-Immersion Institute Presents at the Millbrae Nursery School
on Tuesday, Feb 16th
Chinese New Year Show and Tell
There will be 2 presentations, the one for the morning class starts at 11:15, and the one for teacher Liselle’s class at 1pm. As I understand it even children who do not usually attend at this time are invited, but please check with Lily or your teacher before you bring your child. Please note that the table below has times for the morning class and the flyer below the afternoon schedule.
||The Zodiac Story with puppets
||Happy New Year Song with Felt Board Images
||Pass out red envelopes and Mandarin tangerines
Gong Xi Fa Cái!
Hóng Bao Ná Lái!
Somewhere in there, although not mentioned, there will be Lion Dancing.
Btw, in case you didn’t know, Chinese New Year (Year of the Tiger) technically starts this Sun, Feb 14th; yes, it coincides with Valentines Day this year… So Happy Chinese Lunar New Year Everyone!