Summer School Guidelines
Summer session 2017 application process begins March 1st of each year. A popular program which fills each year, please call if you are interested in enrollment. 2017 Summer Program Full Day Enrollment is Wait Listed, part time space is limited.
- Summer school: Part Day class time is 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Extended care and Full time hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (Full Time Spots are Wait Listed)
- Parents/Family member work as assistants to the teaching staff on assigned participation day (3.5 hrs 1 time per week, 8:45 a.m. – 12:15). Each member that participates in the classroom must be in good health, over 18 years of age and with a verification of freedom from tuberculosis.
- It is important to be on time for your workday, be 5 – 10 min. early if possible. If late, please call.
- Please accompany your child in and out of the classroom each day. Your child must be signed in and out whenever he/she is in attendance at school. The time and your full signature are required. The sign in/out sheet will be located inside of the classroom.
- Upon arriving at school parents are asked to take their child to the bathroom to wash their (both parent & child) hands.
- Children are not allowed to go through the double doors unless accompanied by an adult to go home or in the kitchen except for an injury. Please supervise the doors carefully whether or not you are a working parent.
- If you or your child are ill and will miss your scheduled workday, you must exchange workdays with another participating parent or make a request (more than 24 notice) to have someone replace you. It is your responsibility to speak with your child’s teacher and/or admissions coordinator regarding your absence so that a replacement will be arranged for the workday. You are required to pay the fee as stated on the tuition schedule, if arrangements have not been made and/or you do not show up for your workday, your child will not attend school until your next workday.
- A box (shoe box size) with a change of clothing is needed at school and will be kept in the children’s bathroom. Do try to check it regularly. Include diapers and wipes if your child needs them. Bottles and pacifiers should be left at home for health and safety reasons. Please mark your child’s clothing with their name to help the working adults keep track of jackets & clothing.
- Always inform the teacher of all injuries no matter the severity. All blood injuries will be dealt with by the teacher.
- General rules for inside and outside are posted throughout the class. Please refer to them or ask the teacher if you are not sure.
- Snack Time – Adults need to sit down at the table with the children. Once all children are seated, begin to pass the utensils and then the food. Remind children to use table manners. Please have a positive attitude when children are unsure of the snack, you may try the snack to help with encouragement. Be aware of Allergic Children and their food allergies. We are a NO Nut Facility.
- When outside, if assigned the horse swing area, children may never be left unattended. Please keep the gate shut and children may wait their turn on the other side of the safety gate.
- Help the children follow the arrows when riding bikes/trikes and scooters to avoid crashes. Remind them to park their bicycles when finished using them.
- Extended care is available for any child enrolled in or has been enrolled in a regular Millbrae Nursery School class (basic three hour class or Pre-K class) who require care on a day they don’t normally attend or before & after class. It is offered to those who request it from the teacher if space is available. The administration & teacher must be verbally notified in advance that you are requesting extended care. Children in extended care must be signed in and out of the school each day and the teacher must be notified of the child’s arrival.
- Extended care is available from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the rate published on the tuition schedule. Students may use extended care if they are 6(six) and under. They must be enrolled or have been enrolled in Millbrae Nursery School. This must be approved by the administration.