Theme/Focus: The change of weather & St. Patrick’s Day
Parent Activities: Please help the kiddos practice speaking in full sentences.
The curriculum for our class is based on the school’s monthly calendar, the interest of the children, and the DRDP-R requirements. Flexibility is always exercised, based on skill level as well as interest of the kiddos in class.
|LITERACY||ART||MUSIC & MOVEMENT|
|VISITOR: Story Teller Olive
VISITORS: Lomita Park Leadership Group
Reading friends’ names
Letter sounds, (m, r, t)
Combining letters (on, at, sat)
You Look Funny
|Paper Mache of landscape
Cutting along a line
Writing names (upper & lower case letters)
|SONGS: Alphabet Song, We All Live Together, ABC Rock,
Instrument Parade (Friendship March)
The Bear Went Over the Mountain
|MATH & SCIENCE||HEALTH & SAFETY||Special Skills:|
Mountains, hills, volcanoes, valleys, plateau, etc.
Mix with droppers, water & ink
|Dress for weather
Reviewing road signs
What is that fruit?
What is that vegetable?
|Writing names with upper and lower case letters.
Using full sentences in conversation.
Participating in activities from the beginning to the end.
Combining letter sounds to read words.
Themed books in quiet and reading areas
- Rain, I don’t want to go to bed!
- Tiger Can’t sleep
- Dig Dig Digging
- The Three Little Pigs
- The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig
- The Three Billy Goats Gruff
- Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain
- Amason Alphabet
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!
- The Diggers, Blaze A Trail
- Round the Garden, Rocks
- Round the Garden
Observations/Notes: Look at Desired Results Measures
- 1 & 2 Identity of Self & Recognition of own skills and accomplishments
- 4 & 6 Building cooperative play with others
- 7 & 8 Conflict Negotiation & Awareness in self and others
- 16 & 17 Curiosity and initiative & Engagement and Persistence
- 19 & 20 Cause and Effect & Engages in Problem Solving
- 22 & 23 Number sense: quantity, counting and math operations
- 30-33 Letter & word knowledge, concept of print, phonological awareness
- 34 Gross motor skills
- 35 Fine Motor Skills