submitted by Priscilla Paras-Huerta
12 tall jelly (12-ounce) canning jars with lid and rings
or you could use plastic gift bags and ties (which would yield more gifts)
2 cartons Epsom salts, 4 pound (approximately 16 cups)
4 lbs sea salt or kosher salt (approximately 6 cups)
twice 1⁄4 tsp. glycerin
12 drops peach essential oil
12 drops orange food color
cardstock (for gift tags)
- Wash, rinse and dry canning jars.
- Empty one carton Epsom salts into large mixing bowl or batter bowl. Add 3 cups sea salt, stir well. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon glycerin and 6 to 8 drops essential oil. Mix well.
- In second large mixing bowl, empty other carton of Epsom Salts, and add 3 cups sea salt. Stir well. Add 1/4 teaspoon glycerin, 6 to 8 drops essential oil, and food color. Stir until completely blended. Color should be even.
- Holding canning jars at an angle, layer salts in jars, alternating white and colored mixtures.
- Seal each jar using lids and rings.
- Print appropriate amount of copies of gift tags. Cut gift tags apart and attach to jars with ribbon.